Thursday, December 20, 2007

To the loser go the spoils?

I learned something important this summer playing softball on our church team. Our team went 1 & 13 I think over the course of the summer. It occurred to me that losing teaches us more about character than winning ever can. Perhaps it's something I already knew, but I had never thought about it in quite that way before. Losing takes strength and fortitude and if we don't have that, we either learn to acquire it or we run off with our tail between our legs.

I've had other reasons to think about this recently which I won't go into, but think about a time when you've lost something or failed at something or become discouraged that things didn't go a certain way. Purpose to make that a time to grow and learn in your life and find the spoils in...losing.

To the Loser go the Spoils!

"God has chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise."

No comments: