Monday, June 26, 2006

New to blogging

I am new to the blogging world. I never thought I would be blogging, but I see that it could be a good way to interact with students and colleagues as well as family and friends. I am all about ideas and so will be recording here what I have been thinking about. Most of all, I think this will help me be disciplined in writing a little bit.

Most recently, I have been thinking a lot about engineering as a sacred calling. I recently (last Thursday) presented a paper on that topic at the Christian Engineering Education Conference. My presentation is posted on my website. What's fascinating to me is that God calls people to a variety of stations in life not least of which is engineering. In our callings we are to learn to find Christ in our neighbor and serve them faithfully.

No comments: